Fennel tea for weight loss is the popular way to go down the weight loss journey. Moreover, it has a naturally sweet taste.
There is so much hype associated with the use of tea for weight loss & there is a huge variety of teas, which the market & social media have to offer.
After water, tea is the most consumed beverage in the world. Research has proven that the standard simple tea by itself, without sugar has a tendency to make losing weight easier by boosting metabolism.
While there is a never ending list of tea recipes for weight loss, this article talks about the most simple tea which of course has a good tendency to make you shed pounds & is so easy to make & so good in taste that you wouldn’t need that big, extra task to make your weight loss tea. You wouldn’t need to reluctantly sip the bitter odd tasting teas in a notion to loose your tiers.
This tea is made out of a single ingredient i.e fennel. It has a sweet licorice like taste & scent. It’s so simple to prepare & so good to taste that you need not keep motivating yourself to try the tasteless weight loss drinks & recipes.
How to make fennel tea for weight loss?
Take one teaspoon of fennel seeds & add them in a cup of hot water.
You could crush or grind the fennel seeds. This will help to release more of the nutrients & flavor.
Cover the lid & let it rest for about 30 minutes. Do not boil it as boiling may kill its nutrients.
Drink it warm & that is all you need to make your fennel tea for weight loss.
How to drink fennel tea for weight loss ?
Drink this tea in the morning. You can also drink it after every meal. This will boost metabolism & will keep you away from pounds.
Enjoy the goodness of fennel tea & lose weight in a healthy way. However, you must complement it with a healthy diet and exercise.
Alternatively you could also try fennel water for weight loss:
Take one or two teaspoon of fennel seeds & add them in a glassful of water & leave it overnight. Drink it first thing in the morning.
- Fennel is a rich source of fiber. Fiber is a key factor in promoting weight loss as it helps you to feel full for longer. This helps you to evade the consumption of extra calories loaded out of the habitual cravings.
- Fennel has an appetite suppressing tendency. A study in 9 healthy women proved that those who drank 8.5 ounces (250 ml) of tea made with 2 grams of fennel seeds before eating lunch felt less hungry & consumed fewer calories during the meal than those who drank a placebo tea. Anethole, a major component of fennel essential oil, could be behind the appetite-suppressing properties of the plant.
- Consuming fennel may help to reduce fat storage by improving vitamin and mineral absorption in the body. According to a study on 47 women, it was found that those who supplemented with 300 mg of fennel extract daily for 12 weeks gained a small amount of weight, compared to a placebo group.
- Fennel has diuretic properties, owing to its high potassium & low sodium content. Drinking fennel tea can help to remove toxins from the body. This can remove the water retention from your body which in turn, may contribute to weight loss.
- Fennel seeds are responsible for giving a kick-start to your metabolism. A healthy metabolism is the key factor to lose weight in a healthy way.
- Fennel contains a range of nutrients like phosphorus, selenium, zinc, manganese, choline & antioxidants like beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin. Antioxidants are known to protect your body against free radicals that are known to cause oxidative stress. Oxidative stress in the body can lead to inflammation & a range of health conditions emerge out of this. Heart disease, obesity & diabetes, all born out of inflammation.
- The volatile oils like estragole, fenchone & anethole present in fennel seeds help to kick-start digestion by promoting the production of gastric enzymes. A good digestive system is the key to lose weight in a healthy way.
FAQ(Frequently asked questions)